Press Release Highlights:
- The five finalists pitching their disruptive technology “shark-tank” style at #DisruptMining are:
- Bio-Mine Ltd.
- Cementation Canada Inc.
- Goldspot Discoveries Inc.
- KORE Geosystems Inc.
- TradeWind Markets Inc.
- 12 semi-finalists will display their technology or idea during the #DisruptMining Expo
Integra Gold Corp. (TSX-V: ICG, OTCQX: ICGQF) (“Integra” or the “Company”) and Goldcorp Inc. (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) (“Goldcorp”) are pleased to announce the five finalists and 12 semi-finalists for #DisruptMining. Selecting the five finalists and 12 semi-finalists was a difficult task for the selection committee, a testament to the number of revolutionary ideas and technologies put forth in the 153 submissions received. The sold-out live finale will take place on Sunday, March 5, 2017 at the Carlu in Toronto during the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) convention.
The five finalists pitching their disruptive technology “shark-tank” style to the panel of judges are:
- Bio-Mine Ltd. Using a bio-intelligent, augmenting consortium of organisms designed specifically for “targeted” metal recovery and remediation, this game changing environmental technology is programmable to specific mineralogy in many different environmental conditions. Discovered by Dr. Vasu Appanna, a Professor and former Dean of Science and Engineering at Laurentian University, also led by company co-founder Kurtis Vanwallegham, Bio-Mine Ltd. is set to drive the mining recovery and remediation sector towards the elusive and ultimate “0-footprint” goal.
- Cementation Canada Inc. Using a combination of existing and proven crushing, pumping and slurry technologies, Cementation has developed a proof of concept model for process injection hoisting that would eliminate the need for mine shaft production hoisting or trucking, transporting ore to the surface using a pump driven pipeline loop. The technology is adaptable to all mining methods and would substantially reduce energy consumption and ventilation requirements. The team at Cementation “builds mines” from design through to construction and this invention has the potential to revolutionize underground mine development to the benefit of the entire industry.
- Goldspot Discoveries developed a machine-learning algorithm capable of significantly improving mineral exploration targeting on both a regional and local scale. Goldspot Discoveries is revolutionizing the investment decision model by using the Goldspot Algorithm to stake acreage, acquire projects and royalties, and invest in public vehicles to create a portfolio of assets with the greatest reward to risk ratio. Managed by seasoned industry experts from both financial and technical backgrounds, the team is armed with a unique technological edge designed by the Data Miners, the next generation of mining genius and runners up in the 2016 Integra Gold Rush Challenge.
- Kore Geosystems Inc. The true power of machine learning and artificial intelligence can only be unleashed with robust, high quality data inputs. KORE plans to install instruments onto the drill rig that can provide real-time, automated data accelerating timelines for multiple mining stages and decision-making intelligence. The KORE team, Vince Gerrie, Aaron Maher, Sebastian D. Goodfellow, Chris Drielsma, Patrick Hooker and Chris Lane, bring together years of expertise in geology, geophysics, software engineering, and technology development.
- TradeWind Markets Inc. is a new electronic trading, settlement and custody platform for physical gold bullion. TradeWind Markets is using a combination of distributed ledger technology (blockchain) and exchange technology to unlock functionality in gold bullion, vaulted with a G7 Government counterparty. The business is a partnership between IEX, the Investors Exchange, a fair, simple and transparent stock exchange, and Sprott Asset Management, a globally recognized leader in precious metals investment.
“Congratulations to Integra Gold, Goldcorp and the five finalists of this innovation challenge. This industry-driven effort to crowdsource ideas and support bold new approaches for stronger environmental performance and enhanced productivity will help ensure Canada’s minerals industry remains a source of jobs and opportunities for generations” stated the Honourable Jim Carr, Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources.
Deciding the fate of the five finalists will be David Harquail, CEO, Franco-Nevada Corporation; Robert Herjavec, CEO, Herjavec Group and judge on ABC Television Network’s Shark Tank; Rob McEwen, Chairman & CEO, McEwen Mining; Todd White, COO, Goldcorp Inc. and Bernadette Wightman, President, Cisco Canada. Each finalist will have five minutes to pitch and defend their idea to the panel and demonstrate how their idea or technology has the potential to #DisruptMining. Judges will have two minutes to respond and ask questions.
Goldcorp, represented by judge Todd White, has committed $1,000,000 for a proof of concept at one of its mines or investment in the winning technologies. The remaining four judges will represent $100,000 each. Following each presentation, any judge will have the ability to send a disruptor to the deal room to negotiate an investment.
The #DisruptMining Expo
In addition to the five finalists, 12 semi-finalists have been chosen for the #DisruptMining daytime expo. The expo will take place on March 5, 2017 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. EST at the Carlu in Toronto. To register for the #DisruptMining daytime expo, click here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/disruptmining-day-expo-tickets-31528270907
The 12 semi-finalists being showcased at the daytime expo are:
- Acoustic Zoom Inc.
- BGC Engineering Inc.
- Dundee Sustainable Technologies
- GroundTruth Exploration Inc.
- Heads Up Display Inc.
- Minrail Inc.
- New Mining Solutions
- Scanimetrics Inc.
- YieldPoint Inc.
Integra Gold and Goldcorp would like to thank the generous sponsors of #DisruptMining: Title sponsor Raymond James and event sponsors Macquarie and BMO.
#DisruptMining is a marquee event during the annual Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (“PDAC”) conference that will showcase disruptive and exponential technologies with the potential to revolutionize the future of mining, from exploration and discovery to production and automation to financing, marketing and sustainability.
Net proceeds from sponsorships and ticket sales at the #DisruptMining finale event will be donated to charities as well as used to create scholarships designed to spur innovation in mining.
Link to #DisruptMining video: https://vimeo.com/195817154
About Integra Gold Corp. www.integragold.com
Integra Gold is a junior gold exploration company advancing projects in Val-d’Or, Québec, one of the top mining jurisdictions in the world. The Company’s primary focus is its high-grade Lamaque project.
About Goldcorp Inc. www.goldcorp.com
Goldcorp is a senior gold producer focused on responsible mining practices with safe, low-cost production from a high-quality portfolio of mines
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Stephen de Jong
CEO & President
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements: Certain disclosures in this release constitute forward-looking statements. In making the forward-looking statements in this release, the Company has applied certain factors and assumptions that are based on the Company’s current beliefs as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Company, including that the Company is able to obtain any government or other regulatory approvals required to complete the private placement and Company’s planned exploration activities, that the Company is able to complete the private placement, that the Company is able to procure personnel, equipment and supplies required for its exploration activities in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis and that actual results of exploration activities are consistent with management’s expectations. Although the Company considers these assumptions to be reasonable based on information currently available to it, they may prove to be incorrect, and the forward-looking statements in this release are subject to numerous risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause future results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements. Such risk factors include, among others, that the private placement will not be completed, that actual results of the Company’s exploration activities will be different than those expected by management and that the Company will be unable to obtain or will experience delays in obtaining any required government approvals or be unable to procure required equipment and supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. The Company does not intend, and expressly disclaims any intention or obligation to, update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.