CEO, President, Director
Mr. de Jong has held Director, senior management and advisory positions at publically listed Canadian mineral exploration and development companies. He has successfully led companies through financings, acquisitions, exploration and development programs and restructurings.
In 2012 Mr. de Jong became President and Chief Executive Officer of Integra Gold. Under his leadership, Mr. de Jong has attracted a high calibre team of geologists, engineers, entrepreneurs and consultants to Integra Gold to advance the Lamaque project towards production. He has been instrumental in the financing of the Company, having raised $100 million in equity since assuming the Chief Executive Officer position despite the current challenges faced by the mining sector. Integra Gold’s strong financial positon has enabled an aggressive exploration strategy which underpins the Company’s resource growth and Preliminary Economic Assessment and acquisition strategy. He also led the company through the transformative and opportunistic acquisition of the Sigma-Lamaque Mill and Mine Complex bringing the project one step closer to production.
Mr. de Jong holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Royal Roads University and is also a Director of Eastmain Resources Inc.
Senior Vice President
Mr. Thiboutot has been a major contributor to the co-discovery of more than 20 million ounces of gold during his 34 years career working for major, mid-tier, and junior mining companies. He brings to Integra, as Senior Vice President, a wealth of experience in all aspects of exploration from generating, negotiating and managing projects, to corporate, community and governmental relations, and in liaising with project and mine development engineers.
Mr. Thiboutot comprehensive exploration and mining company experience includes:
- Integra Gold Corp., Senior Vice President: Lead the team that discovered the multi-million ounces Triangle and No. 4 Plug gold deposits in the heart of the Val-d’Or district.
- Alamos Gold Corp., Vice President of Exploration: While working in Mexico (Mulatos Mine) and Turkey (Agi Dagi Mine), was instrumental in doubling the global gold resources and reserves to more than 5 million ounces gold in less than three years.
- Goldcorp. Inc., Project Manager – Eléonore: Responsible for overall project management and geological portion of the feasibility study of Goldcorp’s Éléonore Project in Northern Québec, presently in operation and forecast to produce 600,000 gold ounces per year over a minimum of 15 years.
- Placer Dome Inc., various senior positions including Project Geologist, Project Manager, Country Manager and Exploration Manager: worked on multiple advanced stage projects in diverse countries such as Canada, USA, Tanzania, Niger, Venezuela, and Mexico, amongst others during his 24 years with the company.
Mr. Thiboutot is a geological engineer graduating from Laval University, Québec City, QC, and is a member in good standing with the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec.
Chief Operating Officer
Manager of Operations/Engineering
Mr. Chabot graduated from Laval University in Québec City in 1986 with a BSc. Geological Engineering, completed a MSc. Geology in 1988, and is a member in good standing of the “Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec.” Mr. Chabot has significant development and production experience with vein type deposits similar to that found at Integra’s Lamaque Gold Project. Mr. Chabot is fluent in French and English and brings a wealth of experience in all aspects of the development of advanced stage projects including permitting, environmental management, project evaluation, operations start-up, reserve evaluation, mine planning, health and safety, and budget control.
Some of Mr. Chabot’s career highlights include:
- Richmont Mines Inc. – Most recently Director for the Beaufor Mine and Monique Project, located in Val-d’Or, Québec.
- Golder Associates Ltd. – Associate and regional manager in Val-d’Or, Québec.
- Aurizon Mines Ltd. – Chief geologist and technical superintendent at the Beaufor mine.
- Placer Dome Inc. – Production geologist for the Sigma Mine.
Mr. Simoneau is a Senior level exploration geologist with extensive experience working with major gold companies in identifying and evaluating precious metals opportunities and in the design, implementation and management of exploration projects and feasibility studies in various geological environment in Canada and internationally.
- As Exploration Manager for Goldcorp, He led the exploration team at the Eleonore Project through a positive feasibility study and construction decision. Under his leadership Eleonore’s resources grew to over 7Moz of Au and manage the transition from exploration to development to operation.
- Barrick Gold, Principal Geologist, New Exploration Opportunities: Responsible for the identification and evaluation of exploration projects for potential acquisitions.
- Placer Dome, Various senior positions including Project Manager on early to advance stage exploration projects in North America and West and Southern Africa.
Mr. Simoneau is a P.Geo graduating from the Université de Montréal and a member in good standing of the Ordre des Géologues du Québec.